- Thermal resistance: Among
industrial textile, Basalt fiber is well known for its good
thermal characteristics. It isn’t flammable.
- Mechanical resistance: Basalt fiber has got good mechanical properties. Thus it is more resistant than glass fiber.
- Thermal insulation: Basalt fiber covers a huge temperature range which gives it a real advantage in thermal insulation: -260°C to +1200°C.
- Radiation resistance: Basalt fiber resists to radiations and finds an end use in nuclear insulating.
- Chemical resistance: Basalt
fiber stands up to acid and UV.
- Impermeability resistant.
- Economical task: Basalt fiber is three times much expensive than glass fiber.
Basalt fiber is used in: